Friday, May 20, 2011

A letter to my son at 50 weeks old.

Dear Jace,

    In exactly 14 days, you will be ONE! Just think, only 20 years and 14 days until you can buy a can of beer all by yourself and I can't do a stinkin' thing about it. It is important to have a goal or two. Remember that.

     I decided to write this letter to you today instead of on the actual anniversary of your birth because I fear on that day (In two weeks! Did I mention you will be ONE IN TWO WEEKS!) Mama will be holding and kissing you all day singing the "Happy Birthday" song to you until you will no longer care to hear it. I have been thinking about the things I have wanted to say to you on your 1st birthday and I'd like to start by telling you EXACTLY how much Mama wanted to have you!


    Daddy and I got married on July 25th 2009. It was a precious day. I felt so beautiful and full of love while walking down the aisle to marry your handsome Daddy. Your big brother was there too.
 He was Daddy's best man ya know? He looked like such a lil' man in his tux. I was not only marrying Daddy, I was becoming Jordan's new step-mommy. A role I was completely excited for. Daddy and Jordan's relationship has and always has been so precious to me. Seeing the two of them together made me realize immediately that I wanted to add to our family as soon as possible.

    Everyone in the family teased me, saying "I will not be surprised if you don't come home from your honeymoon preggo." Boy, did we show them! We actually waited TWO WHOLE months before you were in my tummy. Haha... Just goes to show you how much Mama and Daddy really wanted to have you.

    On Thursday September 14, 2009 Momma took a test. A very important test. I had Daddy go to CVS to buy it. We looked for that 2nd line and didn't see a thing. We were really surprised. I tossed the test in the bathroom trash can, and we went to bed. The next morning, while Mama was brushing her teeth, I looked down...THERE WERE 2 LINES ON THAT STICK! We weren't patient enough the night before! Mama ran to the store and bought another set of tests. BOTH SAID "pregnant" on the digital screens. I was in shock. YOU were coming!!! I drove to Daddy's work. When I got there he was sweeping the parking lot. I drove up next to him and handed him the baggy with the test in it. He shook his head and said...."here we go!" and gave Mama a BIG hug! Such a precious moment for us baby boy. You were coming.



    So, I will spare you the details of the excruciating 9 months you were in the womb. I will fast forward to the week you came into our lives.

    June 1 2010 began like any other day. I was 37 weeks pregnant. We had just moved into our new home. Mommy went to Longwood to have her weekly check up with her Doctor. She examined me and my blood pressure was really really high. She then said "it time to get that baby out." 3 weeks before we were ready to have you, I was headed to the hospital to get induced. You were coming! I was so excited I couldn't stand it! Daddy had just started his new job, so he had to go into work for a few hours. Your Nina took Mama to the hospital. I got all "hooked up" and they gave me some medicine. We knew we'd be in it for a loooooonnng wait. I was told to relax and just let the medicine do its job. Boy did it.

 Daddy showed up that evening and we tried to get some sleep. The next morning Mama's doctor came in to check on my progress. I was ALREADY 2-3 cents. dilated! We were headed to Labor and Delivery! SO surreal! So full of JOY!


    A long labor of about 10 hours and 23 minutes of pushing later you were placed on Mama'a chest. You came right out! At 12:29 am early on June 3rd you came out. OUT OF ME! You were the cutest little 6 lb 11 oz ball of white mucus I had EVER seen! Your little cry sounded like a baby eagle. Such a sweet little screech! I was elated! Mama was pretty exhausted, but so incredibly in love with you already!   



    You looked just like your brother. JUST LIKE HIM! This made your Daddy very proud. This meant you looked just like him. You had Ellis features with MY mouth. Oh those lips needed kisses. Those lips...


   

     The next few days consisted of visitors, kisses, pictures, jaundice, and more kisses. Eventually, late on Saturday the 5th we went home. THEY LET us bring your little helpless self home with us! You were ours. Forever. Ours. Such an amazing gift!

     Here I've managed to last 12 months, but of course "lasting" could be interpreted several different ways. And you did, too! LOOK AT YOU GO. You are so smart. You have slept through the night since you were only 6 weeks old. You have been a JOY! You have a dreamy face. You are full of questions that I hope I will be able to answer.

We lasted the first year together Bubba. It has been the most amazing year of my life. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being such a good baby. I love you more than words can describe!

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment