Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Healing...

I know, I know... I said that I would post more than once every few months, but I gotta tell you...life living got in the way. Some good life living.

I need to tell ya'll a story. I think its a doosey. It is a story about healing. Healing isn't something that just comes and goes. It needs to happen every day, and it is something to be valued.

My life in the last 3 years has been a story of healing. See, most of you don't know this...but my husband is a recovering alcoholic. I would give more details...but thats not my story to tell. MY story includes a different perspective...my eyes saw a different world, my heart felt a diffrent kind of hurt. A hurt for the man I know God gave me for a reason. This hurt ran deep. I felt it in my bones. To this day I believe that, that kind of hurt will never really go away; but the love takes over every day.

Healing is a process. Recovery is a process. Love is also a process... To heal through love is a beautiful sight. I feel blessed to have been given the gift of loving my sweet husband through his hurt. I decided a long time ago in my heart that I would stand by him. I would love him the way our Lord does, and pray like the dickens he'd see value in his life. Value in our life together.

I take no credit for his sobriety. I know in my heart of hearts that without prayer our story of healing would not have even begun. My job, as his wife and as a Christ follower is to hold on. I will hold on tight. I will love our boys with every breath I breathe and I will heal. I will listen to the whispers of Jesus. I will heal. I am healing. I am so grateful this evening. Its his Birthday. Goodness am I ever glad this sweet man was born.

In three weeks we will celebrate a year. A whole year without a single sip. We will celebrate our family, and our healing. We have only just begun. There is a long road ahead.

I am so grateful for this journey. I am grateful.

Healing...

Its a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment